Monday, January 12, 2009

I'm back!!

I know... I know... I haven't posted in months (sadly, that's pretty literal). However, now I have graduated and finally have time to do some actual wedding planning. I have tons of stuff to let y'all know about. Let's first start with flowers! My mom and I decided to save some money and make the centerpieces ourselves. We are entrusting the bouquets and corsages, etc. to a real professional, but we're pretty crafty, so I think we can handle centerpieces and table arrangements. We ran all over Memphis/Southaven buying tall glass cylinders. We now have enough of the same ones for 4 of one height and 5 of another. We also have been purchasing votive candles and candle holders all over town. Here was one of my inspirations:

Each table will have fewer candles, but that is the general idea. We bought some birch branches and hydrangea (just silk flowers to play with). Here is what we came up with!



It's not perfect, but you can get the basic idea. There will be more hydrangea and more sticks (and the branches will be fuller and point in more directions). You can see the other vases in the background (along with Dixie Belle's dress). There will be 3 small vases with some hydrangea, as well as quite a few more candles (in different shapes and heights).

There are 14 tables in all. You might be wondering what is going on the other 5 tables. We found these really amazing iron trees with hanging candle holders that will be on the remaining five tables. They will tie in perfectly with the birch branches in these centerpieces. They will also add some much needed height to the room because they are close to six foot tall (the ceilings are probably 30'+). This isn't the best picture of them, but here they are:


Also, I finally decided to go with colored table cloths, instead of off-white. I think the room needs some color! I decided to go with a really pretty coral color. Here is your first look:


So there is a little bit of insight into what you can look forward to in August. I have lots more to post soon. I designed my save the dates. I am teaching myself calligraphy (so that I can address my invitations). We went to a cake tasting. We are talking to caterers. I am trying to decide about bouquet flowers. I will post lots more to keep you updated soon!

p.s. Jake is officially not wearing blue tuxes. I caved and let him pick the band so that he would stop harassing me with threats to wear powder blue with ruffles.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where did you get the coral tablecloths?