Friday, November 14, 2008

I know... I have been a total slacker blog poster. I have just been so busy with work and school that I haven't had a chance to do much wedding shopping. I did get to try some dresses on, but I am not going to post those. They will have to be a surprise. Here are a few random things that I have run across online and liked and thought I would share:
I loved these invitations when I saw them online. I think they might be a little too untraditional (even for me), but I think they are so fun and colorful. They were actually from a wedding in Clarksdale, but Jake didn't know them.

These invitations were a do-it-yourself project. Can you believe it?! I hope that mine can be this fantastic. They modified a folder to hold all of the enclosures as well as the invitations. Then they tied the whole thing with raffia and used a vellum envelope with cool little labels for the addresses on the outside. I don't know if I will do all of that, but they are really fun.


I have like 4,000 ideas for favors, but I love gumballs almost as much as cupcakes and thought that they were cute.

Speaking up cupcakes! I loved this other DIY idea. They took a basic cupcakes stand and turned it into something pretty! I would not be using maps, but I like the idea of damask or some other pattern.

I believe that I finally decided to go with color. I am going to have a lot of white, but still incorporate lots of pink and orange (and maybe some yellow). I love the colors.. they vaguely remind of sunset. I think it's all going to be pretty.

I found these labels online that would work for the invitations like those I saw above. They are even in the right colors!

P.S. Jake would like me to mention that he and the groomsmen are going to be wearing powder blue tuxedos with ruffles.

No comments: